Tuesday, January 22, 2008

How Appropo

In my last post title I included the word 'roadblock' and it ended up being quite accurate. That was November 12, 2007 and I'm just getting back to this more than a month later.....oh crud...make that more than 2 months later!

Anyhoo, this week's assignment (well, the assignment from many weeks ago that I'm just getting to now) is to check out Flickr. As usual, I couldn't just follow the instructions. That would be easy, eh? Actually I decided it would be easier to sign up for Picasa because that would mean one less set of user id & password to remember. I'm really not lazy (at least not all of the time) but come on! How many sites do we need to sign up for? SO, thanks to Bob for bringing up the option of signing up through Google.

As far as my opinion on the whole online picture sharing thing:
In general it seems like a cool idea to connect with friends & family.
I like that pictures can be kept to a small group of people instead of for the whole world to see.
Tell me this though. Are the pictures really available for Google to do whatever they want once they've been uploaded into Picasa????????? That was the basic jist I got from skimming all the terms & conditions. Out of paranoia I only brought 4 pictures from my computer into Picasa.

No comments: