Friday, November 9, 2007

Copy-cat blog.......Books I've Read

I've decided to steal from my other blog to add as a post here. Although I'll probably only keep the other blog up-to-date it seemed fun to share. I know, the beginning of the list is not very diverse. Oh well!

Honestly, when you work at a library it's a blessing and a curse to those of us who love to learn. On the plus side you are drowning in information from all sides in all formats.....heaven. On the other hand, there's only so much time in each day and it's impossible to read everything I check out from the library....hell.

During recent training for the library it was suggested that we track what we read. The speaker had been doing it for years and had pages upon pages of books listed. It seems like an interesting idea. Imagine being able to look back and see what I was reading 10 years ago. I was going to buy a journal and start tracking but then realized it would probably end up with all the other lists I make.........lost. As an alternative I'm gonna try tracking them in my blog. The idea is to update this post with each thing I read (or at least thoroughly skim) along with the month and year. Let's see how long I stick with it.

(Nov 07) Female Serial Killers: How and Why Women Become Monsters by Peter Vronsky
(Nov 07) The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Book 2) by Laurell K. Hamilton
(Nov 07) 300 Frogs: A Visual Reference to Frogs and Toads from Around the World by Chris Mattison
(Nov 07) Boners: Seriously Misguided Facts- According to Schoolkids. by Alexander Abingdon, Dr. Seuss (Illustrator)
(Nov 07) Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: Book 1) by Laurell K. Hamilton {It's fun to finally have started this series. I'm looking forward to reading the rest}
(Nov 07) A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry, Book 6) by Laurell K. Hamilton
(Oct 07) The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star by Nikki Sixx {I love this book! I've been a fan of Motley Crue since 'Shout at the Devil' came out...I was 11 or 12. Nikki Sixx was always my favorite because he did the main songwriting. Of course at the time I was too young to realize what a maniac he was. I was crushed when I wasn't able to make it to his recent book-signing =( }

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.